Last year ARPF’s research concluded that religious and spiritual practices, including Kirtan Kriya, are crucial components in the development of enhanced cognition and well-being, which may help prevent, and in some cases, reverse cognitive decline (Khalsa & Newberg, 2021). In response to the incredible reception of ARPF’s Founder, Dr. Dharma Singh Khalsa’s publication last year in the Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease on Spiritual Fitness, we are inviting you to join some of the world’s leading experts and researchers in the field of spirituality and brain health at this year’s virtual Brain Longevity Symposium on Saturday, October 15th, 2022. Participants will receive an opportunity to meet some of the hundreds of ARPF Brain Longevity Specialists LIVE from around the world who will be in community for this exciting event that you won’t want to miss, so register today!
Helen Lavretsky, MD, MS, Professor In Residence, Department of Psychiatry, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Katerina Sheardova, MD, PhD, Head of the Memory Center, St. Anne’s University Hospital, Brno, Czech Republic
Christopher Walling, PsyD, MBA, Adjunct Professor, Somatic Psychology, California Institute for Integral Studies, San Francisco, CA, USA
Kirtan Kriya Research Today: The Late Life Mood, Stress and Wellness Research Program at UCLA
Spiritual Well Being: A Journey to the Infinite Possibilities of Healthy Aging and Memory
Psyche Means Soul: The Role of the Body In Spiritual Development
IN THIS SYMPOSIUM, YOU WILL:
1. Discover the studies of Yoga and Kirtan Kriya in older adults with Mild Cognitive Decline (MCI) and women at risk for Alzheimer's disease, and in dementia caregivers.
2. Discuss potential mechanisms underlying response to Kundalini Yoga and Kirtan Kriya.
3. Depict potential underlying mechanisms of ancient yoga techniques on health based on the scientific literature.
4. Understand data on how spiritual well–being affects regional brain atrophy associated with cognitive decline a behavioral symptoms of dementia.
5. Describe how mindfulness techniques influence the healthy aging on several levels and how mindfulness based stress reduction therapy relates to original yoga practice.
6. Define Somatic Psychology and understand apply a somatic framework to understanding treatment outcomes in the healing professions.
7. Survey the major themes of spiritual development and how they intersect developmental themes of the human lifespan.
To participate in our new platform, you need a Zoom account. You can download it here for free. Please make sure your zoom account email matches the email you registered with for the Symposium. If it isn't– please let us know!
If you have trouble with Zoom, we will livestream the Symposium to a private YouTube channel. You can watch it there easily, but you will not be able to ask questions.
Joining from a phone? Just download the Zoom app to participate.
QUESTIONS? Visit our FAQ page for more info.
Can’t attend? No problem. This webinar will be recorded and sent to you a few days later. The link for Zoom video access will be sent out after registration is completed.
Important: Please add email@example.com to your contact list so no communication gets lost in spam.
This webinar is part of ARPF's fundraising initiative. Your registration fee ensures we can continue our outreach and educational programs. We thank you for supporting our mission.
A limited number of work exchange and scholarships are available. Please see this page for more information.
If you have any questions, please contact Chelsea at Chelsea@alzheimersprevention.org
We also accept PayPal. Please contact us to make arrangements: Chelsea@alzheimersprevention.org